Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Sticky fingers? Bing to the rescue...

Everyone who gets into sweeps knows the sound of a delivery truck rumbling down their street... slowing... is today the day? Did I win that Microsoft XBox 360 finally? Maybe it's the gas card I've been waiting for...

Dropped there on the front step is todays package with the oh-so recognizable Microsoft return address but it's a bit small for an XBox 360.



Oh yeah, Club Bing. They offer such a huge number of prizes and some time ago I had turned in a few tickets for their first aid kit... today it arrived and in classic Microsoft style it's full of very little that would be useful if you were looking for a first-aid kit. Yes bandages and eyewash are great but the 10 "Fresh Lemon Towelette" Clean Naps? I'm sorry I don't see "sticky fingers" on the list of things that require a first aid kit.

In the end I'll likely remove the towelettes and pack in some more goods of my own - some gauze, adhesive tape, some sort of anti-itch spray, bandage scissors, tweezers... ya know useful things. At least the individual pain reliever packages, eye wash and the water safe bag will come in handy (though it'd be handy if the bag said "First Aid Kit" instead of Bing or if it was the classic red instead of blue but really, it's a prize for playing games so I'll stop complaining. Hopefully the "Mini tool set" I ordered will be a bit more handy, it should arrive soon so we shall see. No other wins that I've been alerted of recently and now that December 1st is here there's a slew of new contests for which I may already be a winner.

No comments: