Tuesday, March 30, 2010

"Up In The Air"

A curious thing happened today.

When I opened my door to go out to check the mail I was greeted by a fair sized padded envelope left behind by my friend the UPS delivery person. Now, finding a package on my doorstep is nothing new but what was inside... that's where the mystery started.

Checking the return address as I opened the package I found a rather un-helpfully vague "Deluxe Media Management PHE Publicity c/o Deluxe". Okay, so, I know it's almost entirely likely to be a win from... SOMETHING. I don't get mail from publicity companies unless that's the case... but what did I win?

Inside I find a DVD of Paramount's "Up In The Air" but that's not all, there's also a CD of the movie soundtrack as well as a metal... thing. (I don't know what it is, check the pictures if you'd like to venture a guess)

But that's it.

No congratulatory letter, no self promotion... nothing.

Well crap, how am I supposed to credit this on MaybeAWinner? I never got an email notification of winning... So I check the return address again, looking it up on Google doesn't lead me to the answers I'm looking for, both companies are invovled in too much. So I went ahead and called the number on the return address, was connected to the specific person listed on the return address and talked to her about my dilemna. While she seemed a bit confused as to why I specifically wanted to know she was quite pleasant about things.

As it turns out the company sending the package doesn't even know where I won this particular prize set. They just had it handed down from Paramount. So this one remains a mystery, possibly from the movies website, possibly from somewhere else... no one knows.

Hopefully I like the movie... or the soundtrack... or the metal... thing.

No comments: