Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Persistence

As with most anything the key to winning sweepstakes is persistence. Even with a huge number of entries per day I don't walk away with a win every day, heck sometimes it can even be weeks between wins. The past few days have been nothing but disappointment day after day, entry after entry. Every instant win game I've played I lost, every contest that sent me notice of ending I had not won.

Still I power through the entries day after day because, for me, it's part of my routine now. If I have time in the morning I enter while eating breakfast, if not as the night falls and Im starting to wind down I'll take the time to enter anything I missed earlier. Either way persistence pays off in the end, I know this from playing so much and talking to others who do the same.

During a dry spell it's always helpful when something I know I've won finally shows up. Opening the front door and seeing no package isn't the best sign, opening the mailbox and finding no small boxes or padded envelopes doesn't seem good either but that old proverb rings true good things can come in small packages - a business sized envelope for instance.

Yesterday I received an envelope from SmartEdge by GMAC:

My $25 Exxon Mobil gas card has arrived which makes excellent fuel for the sweepstakes fire. (I can buy gas at early 90s prices again!)

No comments: